Sheetal leads IRRI’s research in design, evaluation, and dissemination of soil and nutrient management technologies for the rice-based systems of South Asia. She focuses on integrating soil science knowledge into aspects of land management and rice ecosystems to inform about and influence issues related to soil and land variability and rice-based agricultural production systems.
Sheetal's team is currently involved in the conceptualization, development, verification, release, and promotion of mobile- and web-based decision tools using recent advances in ICT to bring field-specific nutrient and crop management options to farmers in South Asia. She also works closely with NARES partners to fine-tune these tools (Crop Manager). Rice-based agricultural systems of South Asia are changing owing to the scarcity of labor and water, coupled with land degradation and climate change. Sheetal coordinates research and extension activities for these systems, focusing on providing field-specific soil and nutrient management options for changing crop management systems in South Asia.
- Soil Science
- Site-Specific Nutrient Management
- Conservation Agriculture
- PhD in Soil Science, CSKHPKV, HP, India (2008)
- MSc in Soil Science, CSKHPKV, HP, India (2004)
- BSc in Agriculture, CSKHPKV, HP, India (2002)
- Scientist I - Soil Science/ Nutrient Management – South Asia, IRRI (2015-present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, IRRI (2013-2015)
- Soil Health Scientist, IRRI-India (2008-2013)
- Research Fellow (2006-2008)
Scientist I - Soil Science/Nutrient Management - South Asia
Agarwal Corporate Tower, 9th Floor,
Rajendra Place, New Delhi-110008, India