Paul is the curator of the Riceworld Museum and Learning Center – IRRI’s rice and rice research awareness facility for the general public. He provides curatorial functions, maintains and develops Riceworld Museum and at the same time, designs and organizes institute exhibitions within and outside IRRI.
Paul is also the curator of IRRI-collected and donated artworks and performs the role as IRRI’s historian. His other responsibilities include networking with national and international museums, public and private institutions, and other organizations for public awareness activities and exhibitions on rice.
At IRRI, he used his corporate expertise to help start and manage the Riceworld Bookstore and Coffee shop. He was instrumental in setting up, and for two years successfully ran, the Event Management Services at IRRI in 2007 and 2008. He also spearheaded and supervised projects that maximized the use, and improved IRRI’s seminar facilities from 2003 to 2008.
With his natural talent in art coupled with his communication, marketing, management skills, he was well equipped with the task of designing and setting up exhibitions for IRRI. He has organized, participated and has been involved in more than 70 exhibitions for IRRI in the Philippines and in other countries.
- Museum and exhibition management
- 2D and 3D digital design
- Events & facilities management
- BS Biology Major in Microbiology, University of the Philippines Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines
- Curator, IRRI (2003-present)
- Operations Manager, ABPAR Marketing, Inc. (2000-2001)
- Product Manager, Microwarehouse, Inc. (1999-2000)
- Certified Marketing Professional, Optimum Directories Philippines, Inc. (1998-1999)
- Professional Medical Representative, Zuellig Pharma, Inc. (1996-1997)
Curator, Riceworld Museum and Learning Center
International Rice Research Institute
Los Baños, Laguna
+63 2 580 5600