Lanie is the editor of Rice Today, an international magazine dedicated to the world of rice. Rice Today focuses on rice research and development and the impact of these on global food security, poverty alleviation, and environmental conservation.
Because of the global focus of the magazine, she collaborates and works with many partners from different institutes and organizations—both from the public and private sector. This way, contents of the magazine are diverse and geared on rice production regions and interests, especially in the developing countries in Asia, Latin America, and Africa.
- Development communication
- Popular science writing and editing
- MS in Development Communication, University of the Philippines Los Baños (1998)
- BS in Development Communication, University of the Philippines Los Baños (1991)
- Association for Communication Excellence Award for the IRRI Annual Report (Silver award in 2010 and Gold in 2011)
- Gamma Sigma Delta Honor Society
- Agricultural and Rural Development Scholarship
Rice Today Editor
International Rice Research Institute
Los Baños, Laguna