As the director for external relations (DER), Corinta is responsible for coordinating events, visitors and exhibits office (EVEO), donor relations and projects coordination (DRPC) and development office (DO). She works with these three teams to ensure a well-coordinated effort of increasing visibility, relationships, and impact of IRRI to its traditional donors, new donors, partners in national programs, and the public at large.
Corinta also provides leadership and supervision of the DRPC team which is responsible for communicating grant opportunities to staff, coordinating grant proposal development and submission, reporting to all IRRI donors and partners, maintaining and coordinating MOUs, MOAs, LOAs, and contracts. She helps in managing the Institute’s relations with traditional donors including negotiating on grant-related issues, liaising with donor on grant-related matters, and responding to requests and queries from donors and collaborators.
Corinta also coordinates the director general's office with these external dimensions and is a member of the IRRI Management Committee.
- Project management and coordination
- Donor relations
- Contract administration
- Problem Soils Research
- MSc in Soil Science, University of the Philippines Los Baños (1982)
- BSc in Chemistry, College of the Holy Spirit, Manila (1974)
- Head, Office of External Relations and of the Donor Relations and Projects Coordination Unit (2009-present)
- Senior Manager and Head, Program Planning and Coordination (PPC) Unit (2007-2009)
- Manager, Program Planning and Coordination (PPC) Unit (2001-2007)
- Sr. Associate Scientist (1999-2001)
- Assistant Scientist II (1998-1999)
- Senior Assistant Scientist (1994-1997)
- Assistant Scientist (1983-1994)
- Research Assistant (1975-1983)