Fiona provided global leadership for IRRI’s Human Resource function and was a member of the Institute’s Management Committee.
Her responsibilities focused on originating and leading HR strategies that support an employee-oriented, high performance, and mission-driven culture.
Fiona is an Irish Human Resource specialist. She has a Bachelors Degree in Business Management, a Masters in Management and a second Masters in Sustainable Development. Prior to working in IRRI, Fiona worked with multinational corporations, donor agencies, educational institutions, and international organizations in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Human Resource Management and Development Operations and Strategy
- Organizational, People and Systems Development
- Human Resource Governance
- Development Project Design and Management
- Global Talent Management
- Master of Sustainable Development, Central Queensland University/Australian National University (2006)
- M.A., Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland (1994)
- B.Sc. MGMT, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland (1991)
- Director (prev. Head), Human Resource Services, IRRI (2008-2014)
- Human Resource Specialist/Deputy Chief Technical Advisor, United Nations Development Program (UNDP) (2005-2008)
- Group Head of Human Resources and Administration, the Persequor Group of Companies (2004-2005)
- Acting Supervisor of Business Faculty, Higher Colleges of Technology (2000-2004)
- Client Team Support Manager, McKinsey & Company (1998-2000)
- National Training Manager for the Southern African Region, Sodexho Southern Africa (1997-1998)
- Technical Advisor, Higher Educational for Development Cooperation (HEDCO), Irish Aid (1994-1996)