Here are answers to common questions about Golden Rice and the Golden Rice project coordinated by IRRI.
- Will Golden Rice result in changed cultivation practices that could have adverse environmental impact?
- Will Golden Rice require any specific deployment strategies (e.g., insect resistance management plans)?
- Have there been any significant intended or unintended, unexpected, changes in the pest or disease susceptibility of Golden Rice?
- Are there any potential adverse environmental consequences of out-crossing from Golden Rice into other rice or weedy relatives?
- Has there been any change in pollen viability that could affect the rate of out-crossing from Golden Rice?
- Has there been any change in the germinability of Golden Rice as a consequence of the genetic modification?
- Have there been any unexpected changes in the nutrient content of Golden Rice?
- Does Golden Rice contain new allergens or toxins?
- How has the food/feed safety assessment of Golden Rice been conducted?