As head of the Public-Private Engagement (PPE) office, Remy manages IRRI’s intellectual assets and leverages these valuable resources toward fulfilling the Institute’s mission through partnerships with the private sector. The deliverables of PPE are geared toward impact for the benefit of rice farmers and a revenue stream for IRRI in order to finance long-term, high-risk research projects in line with IRRI’s vision. He has more than 25 years of experience in international agricultural research, strategy, and development.
Prior to joining IRRI, Remy was a senior consultant for a number of international agro and food companies and technology start-ups. He also worked for Kaiima, an Israel-based seed and technology company, as VP for Business Development. In Kaiima, Remy initiated and managed business development partnerships and distribution agreements with leading corporations in the U.S., Europe, South America, and Southeast Asia. Prior to that, Remy held senior management positions in subsidiaries of the major seed company Limagrain, in France, Israel, and India.
- Remy was advisor to the French Government for the development of external trade (high level think-tank for the French Ministries of Commerce and International Relations), from 2008 to 2012.
- Business development
- Corporate finance
- MBA, HEC Group, Paris, France
- PhD in Biotechnology, Weizmann Institute, Israel
- Engineer in Agronomy (MA), Institut National Agronomique, Paris, France
- Head, Public-Private Engagement Office, IRRI (2015-present)
- Senior Consultant, Stratech Associates (January 2009-May 2014)
- VP Business Development, Kaiima (2009-2014)
- Head of Limagrain India, Limagrain Group (2006-2009)
- VP Research & Development, Hazera Genetics, Limagrain Group (2004-2005)
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Head of Human Resource, Clause-Tezier (1998-2004)
- Senior Fund Manager, Clinvest (1995-1997)
- Senior Strategic and Financial Consultant - Paris, Clinvest (1991-1994)
- Research Scientist, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (1986-1989)
Head, Public-Private Engagement Office
International Rice Research Institute
Los Baños, Laguna
+ 63 2 580 5600