Rajeev is a Postdoctoral Fellow in the heat stress physiology group of Dr. SV Krishna Jagadish. In this group, he works on heat stress response in rice and interaction of temperature with maintenance respiration. He has his MS and PhD in Plant Physiology and Molecular Biology.
After completing his PhD degree, he joined as a Post Doctoral Fellow at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, India. During this period, his work was confined to heat stress impact on rice reproductive physiology. Presently, he is working as a Post doctoral fellow in the Crop and Environmental Sciences Division at IRRI. His work has been published in several national and International journals.
- Heat stress
- Plant respiration
- Plant hormones and signaling
- Plant pathogen interaction
- BSc, H. N. B. Garhwal University, Uttarakhand, India (2002)
- MSc in Plant Physiology and Molecular Biology, G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, India (2005)
- PhD in Plant Physiology and Molecular Biology, G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, India (2009)
- Postdoctoral Fellow. CESD, IRRI, Philippines (2012-present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow. Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, India (2010-2012)
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (RECENT)
- Rajeev Nayan Bahuguna, Shah D, Jha J, Madan Pal, Lawas ML, Jagadish SVK. 2013. NERICA-L44 – A novel source for heat tolerance in rice - agronomic and physiological responses. Journal of Experimental Botany. (Submitted).
- Rajeev Nayan Bahuguna, Rohit Joshi, Mayank Pandey, Alok Shukla and Jatinder Kumar. 2012.Thiamine primed defense provides reliable alternative to systemic fungicide carbendazim against sheath blight disease in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 57: 159-167.
- Rajeev Nayan Bahuguna, Krishna SV Jagadish, Onoriode Coast, Reiner Wassmann. 2012. Plant abiotic stress: rice responses and strategies for adaptation to extreme. Encyclopedia of Agriculture and Food Systems. (In Press).
- Rajeev Nayan Bahuguna, Divya Shah, Jyoti Jha, Sunil Kumar Pandey, Sangeeta Khetarpal and Madan Pal. 2012. Effect of mild temperature stress on reproduction dynamics and yield of two promising chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) genotypes. Indian J Plant Physiol. 17 (1): 1-8.
- Ahmad Aein, Rajeev Nayan Bahuguna, Sangeeta Khetarpal and Madan Pal. 2011. Higher glycine betaine and antioxidant enzymes activity are associated with high temperature tolerance in potato. Indian J of Plant Physiol. 16 (3): 285-293.
- Rajeev Nayan Bahuguna, Rohit Joshi, Giriraj Singh, Alok Shukla, Ramwant Gupta and Gurdeep Bains. 2011. Micro-propagation and total alkaloid extraction of Rauwolfia serpentina: an important anti-hypersensitive medicinal shrub. Indian J Agricultural Sciences. 81 (12): 1124-1129.
Dr. Rajeev Nayan Bahuguna
International Rice Research Institute
Los Baños, Laguna
+63 2 580 5600
ext 2255 or 2949